Sunday, July 7, 2013

Why a blog?

Although I always enjoy writing, I had honestly never even considered starting a blog. A friend brought up that I should start one and my immediate thought was, "is it narcissistic of me to think that people care and want to hear about my life and what goes on in my head?" I mean, sure, my best friend wants to hear it. My husband wants to hear most of it, but really, do people care? Let me take you through the progression that brought me here.

I literally knew 12 other women who were pregnant at the same time as me. It seemed everyone I called and told my exciting news to said "me too!" I guess I hit that age all of a sudden. Not all were close, personal friends, some were social media friends I once knew more personally or distant relatives, but never-the-less--12!! It has been so much fun watching and hearing about each woman's experiences and struggles. Now that my son is 18 months old, the pregnancy/childbirth stories have evolved into parenting and self-discovery.

The bond among mothers is like no other and as I sit with friends over a quiet cup of coffee (yeah right, who am I kidding--over barney and tantrums), I realize that my thoughts, my struggles, the tug and pull that is being a mom, is shared among all of us. And although we cant solve each others life rubrics, we feel better knowing someone understands. Someone feels the same way. I am not crazy--or even abnormal.

Narcissism?
No.

Answers to life's problems?
Nope.

A glimpse into your own life through a new lens?
Maybe.

Comfort knowing you are not in this alone?
Bingo.

We are all in this together

1 comment: