Sunday, July 14, 2013

What are your gifts?


Have you ever wanted to be crafty? I mean seriously, how amazing are those people on Etsy and Pinterest? I have wanted for so long to be able to visualize and create amazing things out of ordinary items. For people to walk in my house and think "how cute" or "wow, I never would have thought to do that, but I love it!" But instead, I see stuff at TJ Maxx I love and get it home, plop it on a shelf, and feel disappointed it didn't melt into the décor and transform the room into cohesive beauty. Nope--in my house it's just a pretty, but slightly out-of-place candle sitting on a shelf. You know what though, that's not my gift. And that's ok because I am discovering what my gifts really are.

So what are my gifts? What is my ministry? I know a beautiful, eclectic woman whose ministry (and job) is de-cluttering people's homes and heads and creating beautiful spaces for peaceful living both physically and mentally. Thank God for people like her because I would be flat out terrible at that job! One of the gifts I have uncovered is the ability to connect with people on a real level, underneath a few layers. I understand, I care, I get it. I'm the one you allow yourself to say things out loud to for the first time to see what it really sounds like put into words. The one in which you can feel the comfort of not being judged.The evolution of self discovery has no ending. So I am learning to enjoy and embrace the process. For now I am happy to have the clarity to see a gift I have been given instead of focusing on the many things I am no good at.

1 comment: