Monday, August 26, 2013

Reflection on 30 years

Birthdays, for me, are a time of reflection. How have I lived the past year and what are my plans for the next? What many of us do on New Years Day, I do on my birthday. This birthday is more than just reflecting on the last year, but also the last decade. The first decade of my life I have been a "grown up" through all of it! As I turn 30, I want to capture the lessons I have learned through many major life experiences of my 20's. No doubt others have memories of their own tied to many of these.

  • Maturity doesn't trump life experience
  • A little fun goes a long way
  • A goal never set cannot be reached
  • Your body is capable of more than you think
  • Love is richer when you first get to know yourself and love who you find
  • Forgive. Accept God's forgiveness. forgive yourself, and ask others for forgiveness
  • True, long-lasting friendships are harder to find and much more meaningful the older you get
  • People who are no longer in your life can remain in your heart
  • Mistakes do not define you
  • Hair grows back
  • Friendships with other women can be more meaningful than I ever considered
  • God always meets our needs
  • Beauty changes
  • Excuses can define who we become
  • Family is forever
  • A paycheck does not determine self-worth
  • There is no substitute for education
  • Perfection lies in imperfection
  • Growth cannot happen without change

1 comment: