Monday, August 19, 2013

Purpose

For most of my life I have thought and prayed about what my purpose, or calling, is. I went to school, accepted jobs, volunteered, etc. all in search of this destination that is the reason I was put on this planet. Although I realized long ago that this calling in all likelihood was not just one thing (i.e. parenthood, a career, etc.); it was only recently I came to realize it is not even a destination. Callings grow and change over time just as we do. There is a peace knowing that what I do now is exactly what God has called me to do at this moment. In time that will change and evolve. He has given us all a multitude of talents and gifts and it takes a lifetime to explore and stretch them all! I may still concern myself with living purposefully and making the most of the time I am given, but I am not weighed down by the thoughts that I am wasting time/life trying to figure out my purpose and beating myself up for not having it all figured out by now. Be the best you you can be today and keep your eyes open and your feet moving toward the next opportunity to take your calling to a new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment